Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Fun

This Christmas we had a lot of family in town and so the Christmas fun started on Christmas eve. I baked three types of goodies all afternoon. Including a new cookie recipe from my friend that I had to make twice since I botched the first batch. My wonderful husband went out and bought me all the ingredients I needed to make it again. :) Then we headed to my grandmas house for dinner. We had a great dinner, watched the kids devour the presents pile, and then all the adults opened white elephant gifts. Allie was super tired when we got home and then decided to wake up at 5:45am Christmas morning.



Allie in her Christmas dress

My cousin was in town with her daughter that is only 2 months younger then Allie. It was so fun to see her get to play with someone her own age. It got pretty rough sometimes as they both just wanted to pull and grab each other (maybe to see if the other one was not really a doll)

My Sweetie

Matt's mom joined us at my Grandma's house

Then as I said we woke up Very early Christmas morning.
We lite the fire, turned on the Christmas music and opened presents!



We think it's hilarious how she knows what to do with a fake bottle but all her life refused real ones.

The hit of the day was this farm toy. She loved that she could feed the cow and turn on and off the light on the other side. It took her a while to figure out she could go through the barnyard door and not have to go around.
Then we headed to my parents to have brunch, and open more presents.



Then late afternoon we headed to Matt's mom. We had a wonderful turkey dinner while Allie took a long nap. It was nice to visit while she was sleeping.


Allie then opened more presents!




and a big Happy Birthday to my sister! I love you and Allie loves your kisses and the toys you always bring over. :) Hope your day was special.

1 comments:

Beckiee said...

what a cute christmas dress!! i love it!