Friday, September 12, 2008

The Name Game

I am so excited because my nephew (1 year on Wednesday) finally is saying my name! Whenever he wakes up from his nap he yells Be! Be! which is Beth or Bef.  I have been working on getting him to say it and he finally did!  He also is starting to do a couple of sign language words that I have been working on too!  


So I feel at this point I should explain why I used Beth instead of Elizabeth on the blog and my really weird quirkiness when it comes to my name.  This is the one thing I am really weird about and most of you have heard this story.  When I introduce myself with a group that includes Matt I have to explain that he will call my Beth but I prefer Elizabeth.  This is because I grew up being called Beth and so my family and close friends call me that but when anyone else calls my Beth I feel like I am 5 years old.  I can't stand being called Beth but I don't care when it comes to family. Weird huh.  So whenever I tell people this story like coworkers and others I will get some smart guy calling me Beth just to bother me.  Do not be one of these people! :)

0 comments: