Wednesday, March 31, 2010

John Mayer

Last night my sister and I went to the John Mayer concert and it was awesome. As always. We saw him a few years ago too. We had 300 level tickets but because they didn't sell out we got moved to 200 level. Michael Franti and spearhead opened. I didn't know who they were until the last song, Say Hey. Then John came on with a full band but about an hour in he came out with just him and his guitar and spent about 45 minutes that way. He said he specifically chose Portland to sing that way. Whether that was true or not it was really great. He is such an amazing guitar player. I could listen for 5 hours. Because his music is pretty laid back I felt very sleepy by the end. Especially getting home at midnight. I may not agree with everything going on in his personal life but he is still an amazing musician. Thanks for an awesome Christmas present Heather!






2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like so much fun! Glad you got to go with your sister. Miss you!

heatherp said...

I had an amazing time with you! No better Christmas present if you ask me. Thanks for coming with me! Anytime John comes to town, we're going!! I don't care what anyone says about John, I think he's adorable and really funny...

No one insults my John!!