Saturday, January 24, 2009

Always Listen To Your Gut!

When Allie was a few weeks old she started to make a ton of grunting noises while sleeping.  I would lie awake listening to her and knowing it didn't sound normal.  Everyone thought I was overreacting, including Matt and just said she was a noisy sleeper.  For weeks I tried to tell myself the same thing but each night I would kick myself for not calling the doctor about it.  I am so glad I listened to my gut because when I took her in they thought she might have reflux and put her on some meds.  Within days she was sleeping silently.  But despite the medication helping her discomfort it does not stop her from spitting up,  and boy does she spit up.  This week Matt, myself several times and Matt's sister have all been drenched by her spit up.  and I mean drenched!  

1 comments:

Andy and Heather Pastore said...

She rivals Brynne in the spitting up department. I've never seen so much fluid come out of such a little body :-) Go Allie Go!!