Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Stew Fiasco

On Saturday when the snow started to really come down we made it to the store so we wouldn't get trapped with nothing to eat.  I decided I wanted to make crock pot stew.  Perfect for this kind of weather and it's soooo good.  So yesterday I put Allie in her bouncy chair and put her just outside the kitchen were she could see me and I put on Christmas music.  I started to chop the veggies when she started to fuss.  So I put her bouncy chair right beside my leg and bounced it as I chopped.  I call this making stew "The Mom Way".  :)  She fell asleep pretty quickly and I finished up.  About 30 minutes later Matt says he hears a popping noise coming from the crock pot.  I look up and it is pouring black smoke from the side.  I quickly unplugged it.  It left a pretty good black mark on the counter but we got it out.  So now I am stuck with a broken crock pot and $10 worth of uncooked meat!  Thankfully we live close to the Roth family so Matt walked 5 blocks in the ice and snow to borrow theirs.  Thanks to the Roth's for saving my stew!  and thanks to Matt for walking all that way for me.  :)





2 comments:

Lindsay Jordan said...

Wish we were there to share in the winter wonderland fun! It's hard to imagine all that snow and ice! Enjoy your first Christmas with Allie!

Kayla said...

Aww...what a good husband. Although, I'm sure he really wanted the stew! :)