Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ladybugs!


After we found out we were pregnant we have been seeing ladybugs EVERYWHERE!  We have seen a few outside our apartment and three inside.  That NEVER happens.  The last time we saw one in our apartment we were talking about the sex of the baby and then one appeared. WEIRD!!  A few weeks later Matt ordered something off ebay and they included a ladybug tattoo inside.  I don't know if we are just more aware of it or maybe the Lord is showing us a sign.  Either way I call the baby Bug or Love Bug now.  :)  and Matt had changed his vote to girl because he feels really strongly it's a girl.  We of course have no preference but he knows its a girl.  I have no idea.  The latest ladybug appearance was when Brynne (4) was playing in the back yard and I was inside.


Brynne:  "Auntie!  There's a ladybug on my play structure!"

Me: (smiling to myself because I was out of speaking range)

Brynne: "Auntie!  There's a ladybug on my play structure!"

Me: (moving to the door so she could hear me) "It's okay, ladybugs are nice bugs"

A few minutes later after silence

Brynne: "I killed it"

5 comments:

Kayla said...

Do nice bugs go to Heaven?

Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness, I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time. Besides William's lovely sock combo. Thank you. Half of the stuff she says I don't blog, and I should. She is so funny at this age, it makes for great material. By the way Andy and I both agree you have a gift for writing. We both could really picture this playing out.

Andy and Heather Pastore said...

Oh that's funny I didn't realize I was signed on as you. Oops..

Andy and Heather Pastore said...

Okay, I just had something really weird happen to me. I was closing up my computer and I closed out all pages when I did I saw a ladybug as my screen saver. We have the program selected on our Mac to have our screen saver constantly change. It was just weird to read about your ladybug issue and see that ladybug on our screen. I felt all along it was a girl!!

Anonymous said...

Except that "ladybugs" are not actually female! What does that make our baby? Mom